- “Attributable” includes Kinross’ 90% share of Chirano production.
- “Adjusted net earnings (loss) attributable to common shareholders”, “Adjusted net earnings (loss) per share”, “Adjusted operating cash flow”, “production cost of sales per equivalent ounce sold” and “all-in sustaining cost per equivalent ounce sold” figures used throughout this report are non-GAAP financial measures. For the definition and reconciliation of these non-GAAP measures, refer to Section 11, Supplemental Information of Management’s Discussion and Analysis in this report.
- Kinross’ guidance and outlook for 2017 represents forward-looking information and users are cautioned that actual results may vary. Please refer to the Cautionary Statement on page 76, as well as the Company’s news release dated February 15, 2017, available on our website at www.kinross.com (http://www.kinross.com).
- See Mineral Reserve and Mineral Resource Statement in this 2016 Annual Report, page 68, and news release dated February 15, 2017 titled “Kinross provides update on organic development projects and exploration.”
- Reported net loss includes an after-tax non-cash impairment charge of $139.6 million in 2016 (2015: $699.0 million; 2014: $932.2 million).
- On June 10, 2013, the Company announced its decision to cease development of Fruta del Norte (“FDN”). As a result, FDN was classified as a discontinued operation. On December 17, 2014, the Company sold its interest in FDN. On June 28, 2012, the Company disposed of its interest in Crixás. The comparative figures exclude the results of FDN and Crixás.
- Refers to all of the currencies in the countries where the Company has mining operations, fluctuating simultaneously by 10% in the same direction, either appreciating, or depreciating, taking into consideration the impact of hedging and the weighting of each currency within our consolidated cost structure.